Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Mad Science: Microscope and Slides
Last post, I explained how we use a digital microscope. If you have a laptop, add a digital microscope. Kids love to examine things under a microscope. Why not set one up for Camp? Look at money, especially new bills, or foreign currency under the microscope. The kids will want to look at their arms and other objects. Where do you buy microscope slides? This set of slides is tailored for kids. The set retails for $12-$14. Biologists draw sketches of microscope slide images to force students to examine slides carefully. If you use the slides for a lesson, have your kids draw and color with colored pencils, like biologists. Skip the sketches if your kids like Google Slides presentation or making PowerPoint slideshows. I find kids like to change the backgrounds and annotate their presentations; this may seem more like School, not Camp. Here is what I do at Camp. If kids are having fun leave them alone. Offer the slides if they seem a bit bored or want more exciting objects to observe. Fun, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment