Thursday, May 28, 2020
Mad Science: Solar Theme
Hey, it’s almost summer. Are you looking for fun science themes for Camp? How about Solar. Obviously, make solar ovens or try this version. They generally work to toast marshmallows. Use ultraviolet color changing beads to make bracelets. Have you tried UV color changing nail polish? Have you tried Nature Prints? Kids like construction paper sun prints, too. We weigh dark construction paper down outside with rocks instead of clear glass or plexiglass. I bought the materials to make mason jar solar lights one time for Mad Science Camp. We had too many kids with short attention spans to try it. Maybe this summer we can. Campers like solar balloons. Take them out on a very hot day. Don’t forget to attach twine or string to tether the balloon. Ask me how I know. The last time I did solar-themed activities at Camp, we explained about A Liter of Light project. We used huge boxes and made liter lights for the kids. Littles spent loads of time in the boxes. My friend, Marisa, replaced the liter bottles with plastic, colorful drink cups, and added LED tea lights. She is tremendously creative. We have a giant box waiting in the basement. I will keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment