Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Mad Science: Artsy Photo Souvenirs

Remember when I said our Camp isn’t strict?  I meant it.  My ‘go to’ souvenir is photo canvas boards.    When I direct Camp or VBS we take photos of each kid to make prints.  The kids glue the photos to canvas boards.  Often the teens will ask for extra canvas boards to make more for themselves.  Dick Black sells 4 x 4 packs of 24 canvas boards for under $12; right now they are on sale for $8.34.  I like Mod-podge; white glue works well, too.  My grandson, Paul, just ten, took several photos outside and edited one.  He is making Christmas presents.  Below are the steps.  Trust me, this is easy.

Here are our supplies.
On the left is the image we cut to size.




Paul pasted the image to the canvas.


Next, he covered the photo with Mod-podge.  Coat he surface in the same direction.



Be sure to coat the image completely.

Update: Mod-Podge mini-canvas prints make great little gifts.  Below are a few more examples.

The finished image has a crease.  Next time, Paul will use the Mod-podge  to adhere the print to the canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...