Sunday, May 3, 2020
Mad Science: Ziplock STEM and Bubble Lamp in a Bag
Did you know Ziploc has STEM activities? Look at Bubble Lamp in a Bag! I usually make Lava Lamps at camp in bottles. (Science Bob has good tips, too.). Don’t shake the bottle; instead gently rotate the bottle. Have extra Alka-seltzer tablets on hand. Kids love these lamps. Alka-seltzer is largely baking soda and citric acid. Mix the two powders and drop the mixture into the bottle or bag. BTW, I use acrylic or washable paint as a substitute for food coloring because it’s cheaper. We use a lot of pigment at camp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment