I’ve been buying used Chromebooks from Good Will, usually under $30. If you buy one, see if it comes with a power cord. Replacement power cords are about $10. Digital microscopes are under $20. (See example below.). The kids start with currency and learn how to open the camera app on the laptop or Chromebook, switch to the digital microscope, learn to focus, adjust the light, and take and capture a screenshot. The activity takes about 20 minutes. I use the digital microscopes with larger classes. The kids are going to make sketches of microscope slides and submit the sketch with the screenshot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...




No comments:
Post a Comment