The kids completed Ecology, Module 10 in the second edition of Apologia Biology. (The kids in Co-op use all three editions and I adapt.) Here is the slideshow overview which I used to review topics in Ecology. The kids also worked in groups to complete the Parachute Cats activity. The kids used a copy of events to order. I look at the Parachute Cats activity as an example of unintended consequences, rather than an ecological disaster. Instead, we discussed briefly the crisis of Malaria, especially in subSaharan Africa and the role of bed nets, and the new Malaria vaccine, tested in Kenya, Malawi, and Ghana. The kids will do more research on diseases for the upcoming Adopt a Disease project. I always assign Malaria. Next week we start Cells, Module 6. I think I finally have enough devices to let the kids learn how to use digital microscopes finally. Whew! I plan to let them learn with currency.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment