Thursday, the Biology class is going to review cell structures using the analogies the kids created today. I will use a slideshow to include some history. The class will do two comparison activities: Prokaryotes vs Eukaryotes and Animal vs Plant Cells. This is the first time Biology is using POGIL, which makes kids think. POGIL activities supply simple models and ask kids to study the diagrams and draw conclusions. I use activities like these to get kids to think and process class material on a deeper level. The kids will study animal and plant diagram in their Apologia textbooks and make a chart with similarities and differences. I’ll post examples this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment