What is POGIL? The idea is to use a simple model or diagram and answer analytic questions. POGIL is an inquiry approach to teaching science. Flinn Scientific has videos explaining how to use POGIL in Biology or Chemistry classes. Some teachers use POGIL exercises for the entire class. I do NOT. My Bio Co-op class just completed Prokaryotes vs Eukaryotes, a free sample activity, today in class. (We started reviewing the answer at the end of class.) Kids work in groups to answer questions using only material in the activity. Years ago, I took a Chemistry workshop and still have the POGIL Chemistry program. However, I typically use the free, sample activities for class. I just want another approach to use in class. Here is the free sample for Chemistry.
Thursday, October 14, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment