The Bio Co-op class did this Cell Membrane Bubble Lab. I did a little research on bubble recipes. There is no consensus. The kids mixed one liter of tap water with one half cups each of Dawn dish detergent and Karo syrup. The soap mixture created persistent bubbles. I gave the kids straws, pipe cleaners, string and yarn to make bubble frames—like bubble wands. The kids read the instructions and followed direction verbatim. Keep in mind the point is to understand the properties of the cell membrane. The kids liked the lab more than I expected. Take a look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...












No comments:
Post a Comment