The kids are going to examine bacteria, pond life, protozoan, etc on Thursday with the digital microscopes. The magnification of the digital microscopes is limited. I want the kids to use a traditional microscope at higher magnification. Here is my plan. I’m going to take kids aside individually and explain a few tips to use the traditional microscope. For example, slides should be focused on the lowest setting. Only the fine adjustment should be used with higher objectives. Both eyes should be open when viewing under the microscope. I want to review the names of the parts, how to wind the cord, and how to transport the microscope. We’ll have a microscope available for higher resolution whenever we look at slides.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment