Update: Is this the first time your kids are using a microscope? Get out paper money to learn how to focus the microscope. I use inexpensive microscope slides with large specimens, such as a flea leg, or pollen, for newbies. It’s easier to locate the specimen and focus than trying to focus on bacteria.
The kids examined microscope slides with light microscopes, digital microscopes, and a clip-on microscope. I have samples of cork. The term, ‘cell’, was coined by Robert Hooke when he examined cork under a microscope slide. I have about two dozen bacterial and protozoan slides for the kids. They made sketches, too. I was able to do a little instruction with the light microscope, too. I plan to have three light microscopes available whenever we look at slides. I ordered an inexpensive smartphone microscope adapter to try in class next time we examine slides.







No comments:
Post a Comment