No, not for Halloween! I am planning ahead for blood testing with the Genetic lesson. I do simulated blood tests before the kids test their blood with Eldon cards. Usually, I buy simulated blood kits. I’m determined to make my own kits. Here are instructions for a cheap blood test with food dye, milk, and vinegar. Here is an article with directions to make ion solutions. I’m planning a modification. Type A is lead nitrate. Type O blood is water. Type B blood will be milk.
I made up a 1M solution of lead nitrate and added some red food dye. I’ll just add red dye to milk and water for Type B and Type O. The anti-sera are ammonia for Type A, lead nitrate and vinegar for milk, Type B. Neither ammonia nor vinegar will change water, Type O. The vinegar did not precipitate with the lead nitrate. But, we’ll have to see how it works in lab. I have a simulated blood type kit I bought last year on hand, too. Once we do the lab I’ll post pix and a review.


No comments:
Post a Comment