Social Media is replete with Halloween Science experiments. Most of the time, I ignore them. But I just saw a post about Extracting DNA from Pumpkins. Usually, I use split peas, as suggested in the second and third editions of Apologia Biology. (The first edition suggests onions.). My kids use the textbook and these instructions. I like the idea of extracting DNA from pumpkins. Additionally, I like smashing pumpkins for Physics or Physical Science experiments. I like to stay in my lane and teach science—not show off how cool my class is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment