Friday, October 18, 2019
Apologia Chemistry: Ionic Compounds Practice
Today, I did a ten minute lecture on ionic compounds: binary, ternary, and Stock System. The. The kids worked on Ionic Nomenclature Worksheet (It has solutions or an answer key.). We’ll be naming and writing ionic compounds and formulas for the next two classes. Then we’ll tackle covalent molecules. I’ll quiz at the beginning of class for the next several classes to check progress. The kids may use the ions and ion formula chart from Putting the Ions in their Hands as they name and write formulas. Some need the ions and some don’t.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment