Tomorrow, the kids are learning how to name covalent molecules. I have two covalent nomenclature worksheets here and here. (Answers for the second worksheet are here.). The kids are reading an article, The Cool Chemistry of Dry Ice and answering four of the student questions. (Scroll down to the student questions.). I want the kids to get in the habit of reading a bit of chemistry apart from the textbook.
Tomorrow, the kids have an ionic nomenclature quiz, a brief lecture on covalent molecules with notes, and two practice worksheets. The article is homework. Usually, covalent molecules are much easier to learn than ionic compounds. Next week, we have labs scheduled before we resume Polyatomic ions and acid nomenclature. Yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment