Friday, October 11, 2019
Apologia Chemistry: Ionic Compounds and Formulas Lab
Next Tuesday is another DIY lab. (Today, the kids tested solutions with conductivity probes. I thought they could create a data table and lab to test solutions with a probe independently. I was wrong.) For the Ionic Compounds and Formulas Lab, I'm making it up, too. I have several dropper bottles with chloride solutions (mostly.): potassium chloride, calcium chloride, lithium chloride, etc. I have bicarbonate and hydroxide solutions, too. All of these are anions (-). I made up barium and lead solutions for the cations (+). The kids are going to mix different cations with anions. If a precipitate forms, the kids are going to name the ionic compound. I'll post the data chart, chemicals, supplies, materials, and photos next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment