Sunday, October 20, 2019
Apologia Chemistry: Module 2 Energy, Heat, and Temperature
We do Module 2 right before Module 12, Gas Laws. I have taught this early in the school year; but it works well before gases, too. Experiment 2.1, Calibrating Your Thermometer, can be performed earlier in the year. (Sometimes, I have a kid calibrate all of my thermometers with the ice water method.). We do Experiment 2.2, Measuring the Specific Heat of a Metal. I modify Flinn’s Lab. (I’ve used the Soda Can lab.). The specific heat lab we do is more like this one. I’ve found using two styrofoam cups in a glass beaker work wells. BTW we’ll use the metal cubes from the density lab. The kids will do a Spark Lab using Pasco equipment that is similar to this Heat Curve lab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment