Thursday, October 10, 2019
Apologia Science: NASA GLOBE Fall Data Challenge 2019
Are you familiar with NASA’s GLOBE program? I used the program and it’s protocols when I taught for my environmental classes and clubs. GLOBE is an international program and has over 23000 schools across the world participating. Home-school Co-ops participate and send their data to NASA. Participating schools or Co-ops collect and send data weekly or monthly. I found keeping to a schedule of regular data collection arduous. However, I’ve used programs and protocols for countless classes and projects. October 15-November 15th, GLOBE is sponsoring a Fall Data Challenge. The only equipment necessary to participate is a cell phone. Here is the cloud data collection overview. Here is the teacher’s guide to clouds and this is the cloud training module. All of the GLOBE resources for Atmosphere are available online and free. Overwhelmed? Don’t be. Read over the Fall Challenge. Now, look at the Cloud training module. The training has examples of cloud charts, satellite images, and the data collection page. Focus on clouds and contrails. Say that again. Clouds and contrails. You and your family are ‘citizen scientists’ collecting valid data. How cool is that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment