Thursday, October 10, 2019
Apologia Science: GLOBE and Surface Temperature
One more GLOBE Challenge: Surface Temperature, one of my favorites. Kids love using An IR thermometer. (Mine is this one, which is much less expensive.). Are you near a NASA center? They may have sets of IR thermometers and insulated gloves (oven mitts) to borrow. In WV, the NASA center in Fairmont has an education office and works with home-school groups. All of the training is free. Surface temperature is an excellent science fair topic. I suggest looking at Urban Heat Islands in conjunction with surface temperature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment