Today, the kids learned how to name covalent molecules. I remembered to take pictures of the notes I gave them at the beginning of class during the mini-lecture. The kids did this Covalent naming worksheet, this covalent worksheet, and this worksheet we used as a test. I believe they all have answer keys. (On this one, #15 CH4 is listed as carbon tetrahydride. It should be methane.) Below are the notes from the lecture. Next week is lab. We're off next Friday. Thursday is Halloween and Friday is a Holy day of obligation. Several of the kids serve at Mass; the rest of us want to go to Mass in the morning.
What is the difference between ionic compound and covalent molecules (nomenclature)?
These are the Greek prefixes for naming covalent molecules.
Another example and four molecules with trivial or common names the kids need to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment