Friday, October 4, 2019
How do use a blog to organize your class plans
Yes, I am blogging more frequently. Why? The blog is one of my chief means of organizing my thoughts and processing my lessons. My Chemistry classes require only a bit of planning and evaluating. I’m comfortable with Chemistry. The Anatomy class is different. I just completed a Human Biology class with four kids over the summer. One student, Anna, wanted to continue. We aren’t doing the Anatomy at the moment; instead, we are working through concentrations, osmolarity, and fluids and Electrolytes to help her in an area she finds troubling. At the same time, I’m home-schooling Lacie in all subjects. Anna and Angel are taking Brit Lit. My husband, Rob, teaches Physics and Stats. He cannot find the equipment in the basement for labs. That’s my job. To be honest, I do squirrel things away. Rob loathes all forms of technology aside from his iPhone and excel. I’m relearning Stats to help him with the TI 84 graphing calculator exercises. The blog helps! I have another blog for Lacie and the Brit Lit. When I report grades at the end of the year, I also reference the blogs with the photos as evidence of our studies. Yes, I’m keeping papers and tests for Lacie. The blog has proved to be the best way for me to keep all these disparate classes compartmentalized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment