First of all, I do not teach Physics, Physical Science, not Physics. My husband, Rob, teaches Physics. But, I do help him locate material, ideas, and experiments. So, Let me share a few ideas. Physics Central has a great demo for free fall. The demo uses a bottle of water and a bucket. BTW Physics Central offers free Physics Quest kits.
Rob’s Physics class is going to make paper trebuchets and craft stick catapults. He is going to have the kids analyze projectile motion With Vernier’s Video Physics app and an iPad. Here is a basketball lab or this ‘test drive’. The app is $4.99. The kids record a video with an iPad or iPhone and open the video in the app. It’s important to set up a meter stick or ruler for scale. I’ve done this before. The kids need time to capture data and play with the app settings. Once the kids can capture data, they can change the catapult design: number of sticks in the fulcrum, position of levers, or these engineered designs. Fun, right? I’ll ask the kids to make a step by step video with instructions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment