Friday, October 4, 2019
Apologia Chemistry: Module 3
Next week, we start Module 3. This is another Module that takes forever. First we’re doing a conductivity lab, then Putting the ions in their hands, then an ionic compounds lab. After the kids become proficient at naming ionic compounds, we learn cover covalent molecules. The ionic compound lab combines ionic solutions to create precipitates. We are not learning about solubility or precipitates with this lab. Instead, we are naming the compounds which produce a precipitate. One time when I did this lab, a student, Hannah, wrote the names of the ions on craft sticks. I’m going to use that idea with this class. I’ll post pix.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment