Update 11/05: Today, we did these exercises after a quiz and rock marbling. Mainly, instruction on the graphing calculator is for exposure.
I need to reinforce graphing in Chemistry. This temperature exercise looks promising. So, I did some research. I'm going to do this forensics activity with liquids and this temperature activity.
Here's my plan. I'm going to show the kids how to use TI Scitools app and scientific notation. I have a couple worksheets. First the kids will do the conversions, notation, etc by hand. I'll show them how to check their answers with the calculator's scitools. We'll do this after the temperature exercise. I like this because it teaches how to enter data into the stat editor and how to enter formulas. We'll graph a line, too, comparing L1 and L2. In this way, I can review the graphing exercises and show them some useful tools on the graphing calculators. BTW, the kids may NOT use graphing calculators on tests. They use the TI30 calculators most of the time. It's possible to store data, answers, and download cheating apps to the graphing calculators. But, it's good to know how to use the tools to check work.
Here are data sets useful to practice linear regressions. Prentice Hall Chemistry Graphing Calculator Problems is another resource. This was a teacher supplement. Publishers used to give teachers sets of similar resources for their subject area. In the early 2000s, all science teachers were encouraged to incorporate graphing calculator exercises and probeware labs into their curriculum. I took this seriously because I was afraid my students were missing out of valuable instruction. Over time, it became evident that the math teachers were those who used graphing calculators in their classes. I still think it’s important for home-school kids to have exposure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment