Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Apologia Chemistry: Homemade Kits so far....

Update:  I added a mixed bag of candy to each of the kits for Candy Chromatography: Skittles, Nerds, and M&Ms.

I’m planning the Fall Chemistry Co-op class.  The Covid quarantine just complicates everything.  We are starting remotely.  Yes, we’ll have video conferences, YouTube instruction, and loads of ancillary materials, hand-outs, and labs in Google Classroom.  I’m a huge advocate for labs.  Sure, the kids will do many labs from the Apologia Chemistry textbook.  I want the kids to complete over 40 labs this year.  The solution?  Kits.  I would love to use the MicroChem kit.  It’s just too expensive.  Here are photos of the kits so far—to give you ideas for your class.  The kits have basic equipment, chemicals for labs, and hand-outs.  I have folders of labs, periodic tables, safety contracts, and worksheets I’m including with the lab kits.  Here you go!




No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...