BTW I’m in the middle of pulling materials for the kits I’m making up for the kids this fall. Below is a pic.
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Apologia Chemistry: Module 1 Measures
Once my Chemistry Co-op class completes Lab Safety, Lab Equipment and Lab Techniques, it’s on to Module 1, Measures. By all means do Experiments 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4. I hammer home density with It’s All About Density. I use as many objects as possible, blocks, marbles, lead sinkers, dice, steel washers, etc. The idea is to compare density calculations, both by direct measurement and by displacement. Another good density lab is The Density Cube Lab with a set of cubes. I include Floating Bowling Ball. Now is the time to tackle measures. I like What do I do now? and this Accuracy and Precision Lab. Here is last year’s post showing the sponge drop lab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment