Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Paper Chromatography: Skittles, M&Ms, Food Dye, Markers, and Sharpies.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Paul, ten, is learning about chromatography. Are you doing Camp? Sell it as a CSI activity. First up is Candy Chromatography. The we used these instructions with food color, markers, and sharpies. I wanted to compare coffee filters with filter paper. I also wanted to compare salt water, tap water, and rubbing alcohol as solvents. Here is an article explaining chromatography. The ACS Chromatography lab has a simple explanation. You are separating the pigments in the dyes. Include a black Crayola marker and a black sharpie (in alcohol). Take a look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...







No comments:
Post a Comment