Friday, July 31, 2020
Apologia Chemistry: Name Ionic Compounds
Flinn has an ion kit called Putting the Ions in Their Hands and sells these kits, Ionic Formula Writing Kits. I bought the kit years ago from Flinn. So I print the cations on to red card stock, the anions on to blue card stock, and the ion formulas, on to yellow card stock—like the original kit. Kids as young as ten can use this kit to learn how to name ionic compounds. Generally, kids in eighth grade Physical Science are ready to learn how to name ionic compounds. Chemistry kids of all abilities can learn to name ionic compounds with this kit. I give the kids one example and then float around answering questions, locating ions, and showing kids how to interpret the ionic compounds. Below are pix and an explanatory video. Take a look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...




No comments:
Post a Comment