Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Apologia Chemistry: Periodic Table Activities
I’m in the middle of organizing and field-testing ideas for Fall. I ran across Periodic People. So cute! Kids organize the characters into rows and columns just as elements are in rows and columns or periods and groups. Teach Engineering has Engineering and the Periodic Table. This lesson may work for a Zoom lesson. PBS has an Interactive Periodic Table. It can be embedded to Google Classroom from the web site. This NY Regents Periodic Table Lab is excellent—but hard. The activity requires knowledge about properties of elements, such as electronegativity. One more idea is Density is a Periodic Property, adapted from this Flinn Kit. You can buy metal shot or ingots on Amazon. Silicon is tricky to buy. The Periodic Element Guys have silicon and other elements samples. See why I am getting organized now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment