Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Mad Science Camp: Edible Chemistry
One staple for Mad Science Camp is this Edible Chemistry Kit. I buy the classroom kit for large Camp groups. It’s much easier to manage teams and do the experiments with the small color-coded containers. I buy one set and refill the little containers. We pull out our kit regularly to do the experiments just for fun. Have you microwaved marshmallows? Try Monster Mallows—especially if you have not Microwaved Ivory Soap or Microwaved Peeps. Try Growing Gummy Bears and Candy Chromatography. This week when we make Edible Aquifers, we’ll grow gummy bears, make Ice Cream in a Bag, and do some candy chromatography with our soda science. I need to buy some candy. Let the fun begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment