Consider the lab. I vary reporting requirements. It is fine to use a template. Here is a lab report template for Flinn Scientific’s Beverage Density Lab. Sometimes I have kids complete a data chart for lab or a summary. I do assign several formal lab reports and use a scoring rubric, such as this one for Flinn’s Can You Make 2 Grams Lab? I have kids edit their reports until I am satisfied and accept it for full credit.
Monday, July 27, 2020
Lab Reports
Do you struggle with lab reports? When I taught in private and public schools, the science department often collaborated to set guidelines for a good report. Here is a guide, The Whys and Hows of Writing a Lab Report from Carolina Biological. Here is a another guide explaining the parts of a standard lab report.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment