Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Take Home Chemistry

I am digging through my resources.  I came across my copy of Take Home Chemistry.  Here is the list of all 50 labs.  The labs are short and sweet—with an emphasis on safety.  I plan to use a few of these labs with my kids this year.  Google play has a digital version for $10 and this free sample.  Is it worth it?  Are you teaching Chemistry for the first time?  Yes!  Buy this book and use it with the labs from the Apologia Chemistry textbook.  Are you a long-tenured teacher?  Maybe this would be helpful.  I’m taking a close look at the chemical reaction labs and the gas law labs in Take Home Chemistry.  I’m particularly concerned about safety and expense for these labs.  Many of the labs are like the three examples posted below.  These labs are probably in your files.



No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...