BTW, the pix below are a few I saved to my Pinterest board,
Mad Science. Take a look.
We are all staring down at least another month of summer before we resume school. Okay, our little household does School all summer; we need the structure! One camp idea is Joy of Toys! This theme is one of my favorites. Yes! We made toys! One toy was
Pool Noodle Balance Board. Ours were made with
a board and pvc pipe. Another favorite is
Stomp Catapult. Plan to use several hammers to pound the block on to the length of wood. Kids can decorate the boards and catapults with paint, markers, or duct tape. (These are pricy projects for a big camp. I had a family who managed a construction company donate the supplies.). Another popular toy is the
pvc marshmallow gun—especially if you can source the pvc for a reasonable price. I buy bags of connectors at Lowe’s. Joy of Toys means lots of toys:
CD Spinners,
Floppy Disk Boxes,
Tornado Tube Bottles, Cartesian Divers, Sidewalk Chalk (Mix it in plastic three ounce cups.),
Slime, Kinetic Sand, Ghost Crystals, I Spy Bottles, Magnetic Bottles, Pringle’s Pinhole Cameras, Lava Lamps, Paper Building blocks,
Building Discs, and more! Some of these toys are more craft than science. I’m not strict. Kids learn to associate science with fun. Bring on the toys! I found a few photos from Camp at our church. Did I mention
Ice Cream?
No comments:
Post a Comment