Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Apologia Chemistry: Module 11 Solutions
Last week, I posted a video about solutions with Kool-aid, a series dilution. My Co-op is completing the lab report for the two experiments in Module 10 this week. I am trying to stay ahead. Here is the sequence of activities: Read Module 11, do the Kool-aid lab and series dilution. (Watch the video.). Next is Why do ionic compounds dissolve in water? This is described well in Module 10. Watch the video on the link; the textbook will make more sense. Next do all four experiments in the module. Do the discrepant event, Alcohol and Water. I tried this activity using 90% isopropyl alcohol, 70% alcohol (isopropyl alcohol is rubbing alcohol), and ethyl alcohol or ethanol. The best combination was with 70% isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. I think the issue is the type of graduated cylinders. Borosilicate glass cylinders are more accurate than plastic cylinders. I had one borosilicate cylinder; it was smashed. See the video below for my attempt at this discrepant Event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment