Thursday, April 30, 2020
Mad Science: Dollar Tree Science
Have you seen Dollar Tree Crafts or Hacks? Dollar Tree has science materials. Start with chemicals: rubbing alcohol, white glue, Epsom salts, cornstarch, baking soda, peroxide, and table salt. (Walmart is also great for science materials.). The next category is Novelty Toys: grow animals, glitter slime (to compare with homemade slime), and bouncy balls (Stacked Ball Drop—bouncy ball on a tennis ball.),. Dollar Tree has science toys: Mini-Copters, rockets, bubbles, and chalk. I buy toys and compare them with DIY chalk, bubbles, and rockets, or paper stomp rockets. Toys add to the fun. I buy customizable travel mugs at Dollar Tree for the kids. Use the paper inserts as a template and cut blank pieces. The kids draw and color the paper with science images to customize the mug. I sew draw string bags in plain fabric for the kids to decorate and store their loot from camp, such as the little toys. One more tip—buy plastic dinosaurs toys to use to make fossil casts. Isn’t this fun?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment