I am organizing materials for Module 12. Here is an overview of the Gas Law formulas. Here is a page of resources: animations, labs, and links. (I checked several links--they are active. Mr. Clark maintains his website.) This textbook chapter may help visual learners. One gas law lab you can do at home is Crush Cans. Another here is the Cartesian Diver. (Here are instructions for the Cartesian diver using a pen cap.). How do we include this as a lab? Treat each fun experiment as a lab. In the background section, explain how the cans crush in terms of pressure and gas molecules. Explain how pressure on the system changes the driver’s density. The whole family can do these two activities together. We did both as a family here. Fun, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment