Saturday, April 4, 2020
Mad Science: Discrepant Events
I posted a discrepant event for chemistry, mixing alcohol and water. (Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol works, too.). What is a discrepant event? In Science, we call them ‘hooks’ or ways to engage students. Discrepant events are demos that make kids think. Here and here are more examples. Try this one, Turn the Arrow. Watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment