Good Will has a new listing for Dinoworks and Crystal Growing Kits. These would make nice gifts. Kids like to grow crystals. Here is a review of various kits. Here are directions for rock salt, sugar, alum, borax, and sodium acetate crystals. Make it a lab challenge. Use the same directions and quantities of each salt, sugar, alum, etc. to see which forms the best (largest?) crystals. I am not adverse to kits. I would rather buy the key materials and make the activity a lab challenge. The kits do make nice gifts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment