Friday, April 10, 2020
Apologia Chemistry: Module 11: Solutions Koolaid Concentrations Lab
Module 11 is solutions. The kids going to do Kool-aid Concentration at home. Lacie and I made up a three ounce cup of Kool-aid. (Reduce a two quart Kool-aid recipe to one three ounce serving.). First they are going to do a series dilution with the Kool-aid. (Use Fruit Punch.). The Koolaid dilution is below. Next, I want them to determine the molarity of each dilution. The key is to determine the molarity of the sugar in the water. Here is the lab I am using after the dilutions. The lab explains that most of the solute is sugar or sucrose. (Click on the link for the formula and molecular weight.). I want the kids to calculate the molarity of the stock solution and each dilution. Below is the Kool-aid dilution video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment