One of the first ideas in a Module 10, Ecology, is levels of organization. I do this idea in Human Anatomy and Biology. In the body the levels of organization range from the atoms in molecules of cells to the organism. Here is a blog post from Human Biology with plastic cups. I write terms, cells, atoms, organs, organ systems, etc. on the rim and mix up the layers or levels of organization. For Biology, I use this same idea with levels of organization in biological communities: biosphere, biomes, communities, ecosystems, populations, species, organisms, atoms, cells, and molecules—not in that order! I bought plastic cups on clearance because I reuse this idea of levels for different classes. Any stacking cup works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment