Friday, April 10, 2020

Apologia Chemistry: Name Acids

Here is the song we use to learn how to name acids.  It is sung to the tune Bridge Over the River Kwai.

Acid Naming

Acids there are two kinds of them
Acids there are two kinds of them
Binary you add a hydro
Put on an ic and add an acid
And you're done, done, done, done.

Acids there are two kinds of them
Acids there are two kinds of them
Ternary if it's an ite make it an ous
If it's and ate make it an ic and add an acid
And you're done, done, done, done.

And then there's oxygen
If there's two less of them
Hypo is what we call it then
Too many O makes it per you know
One less O and it's an ite
And that's no fright and...
We're done, done, done, done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This year I’m pulling up all the stops to get things organized. How?

 This year is going to be different! Ha! Who hasn’t said that?  But, I’ve implemented some changes.  I put together a series of lessons whic...