I’m in the middle of teaching ten kids in my Co-op Chemistry class how to graph with graphing calculators by Zoom. Really. My kids are going to do Heat Up Some Cool Reactions, graph, and complete the linear regressions. The lab collects time and temperature data. My kids are using Celsius, not Fahrenheit temperature scale. The lab grade is the data tables and photos of the graph in the graphing calculator. Why teach kids how to use a graphing calculator? Most kids will use one in college. Public and private schools often use graphing calculators in math classes. I make a point to expose the kids to graphing in Chemistry so they won’t be intimidated in college. Below are graphing videos for entering data, creating a graph, and doing a linear regression.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment