Elementary aged kids like weather projects. Start with clouds. Here is a cloud chart from NASA. Did you know NASA JPL has a dichotomous key for clouds? Biology uses dichotomous keys to identify species, especially plants or trees. Make clouds. Print and make a Cloud Viewer. (There is a Sky Viwer, too. Make a Layers if the Atmosphere Foldable. This is a bit more school than fun. Does your family want to learn more about identifying clouds? Work through GLOBE’s Clouds Protocol. The Cloud Protocol is one of the modules in GLOBE e-training. GLOBE is a program for kids to collect and submit data. I have participated in GLOBE; but, I’ve also use the Cloud Protocol independently to better understand clouds. Here is the page for several of the GLOBE e-training modules under the heading, Atmosphere, including Precipitation, Aerosols, and Surface Temperature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment