Have you heard of the Wisconsin professor, Bassam Shakashiri? I first learned about him through his Christmas videos, ‘Once Upon a Christmas Cheery, in the Lab of Shakashiri’. Here is the 2018 video and 2019 video (50th) from PBS. Here are experiments you can do at home from his website. Bassam has instructions for a Mystery Bead Bottle similar to the Poly Density Bottle, using pony beads mixed with Perler beads. Genius! Bassam’s instructions are extremely clear. One caveat. Professor Shakashiri May go off on a tangent. Once he had a rant on academic freedom during the Christmas Lab video. Still, the demos are great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment