I keep a box of geodes on hand for a fun afternoon. HST has 10 Geodes for $13. Here are the directions for opening geodes. We put them in socks and hammer them open—which explains why I keep a box on hand. We open geodes outside on the sidewalk. Try making your Crystal Egg Geode. Read the instructions carefully. Be sure to coat the egg shell with glue and alum crystals to serve as seed crystals. Another classic crystal project is the Salt Crystal Garden using Mrs. Stewart’s Bluing. HST has Five Ways to Grow Crystals. Alum crystals make nice, large crystals. Bluing can produce masses of white crystals. My favorite is Magic Rocks. So cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment