Yesterday Paul made an Edible DNA model. Today we’re having Paul make a key for his Edible DNA model, too. I want to emphasize the way nucleotides bond with this DNA template. (The template has RNA nucleotides, too. I use these for DNA transcription in Biology.). Paul colored the paper nucleotides the same color as the marshmallows in his edible DNA model. Be consistent with the colors. Tie the edible model to the paper template to help reinforce the idea that the marshmallows and paper patterns represent nucleotides in DNA. Is this a pain? Yes. Kids remember the activities they do. You can pull out the models they make when you explain the concept. BTW this mini-project doesn’t take very long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...




No comments:
Post a Comment