Paul, ten, was looking at an onion root tip slide. I wanted to demonstrate the quality level of a clip-on microscope with an iPhone and a USB digital microscope with a laptop. An onion root tip slide is a common activity for Life Science and Biology. The tip has the stages of mitosis visible. Below are images so you can see the quality. The USB digital microscope is roughly equivalent to the 10x power of a traditional microscope and much better quality than the clip-on microscope. My kids take a screenshot of the image with the USB microscope and sketch it in their notebooks. I did show Paul the onion root tip image after for comparison. Take a look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...





No comments:
Post a Comment