My Chemistry Co-op class just started naming ions in class using Flinn’s Putting the Ions in Their Hands. I’m using ions, photos, and Jamboard in my Ionic Compounds Slideshow. I made up several ionic compounds with the ions which are NOT part of the data sheet the kids complete. After class, I added several more examples. Thursday we’re going to practice naming and writing formulas; consequently, some of the ions do not have captions. I made a point to have Cu+ and Cu+2, Fe+2 and Fe+3 to represent ions with the Stock System. I added confusing ions, such as sulfide and sulfate. Hope this helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment