I assembled chemistry kits for my Co-op class. I included Putting the Ions in Their Hands. In Flinn’s original kit, the cations were red and the anions blue. I always print ion sheets on red and blue card stock. Next week I’m teaching the kits how to name and write formulas for ionic compounds. Here is the slideshow, which has photos of compounds and their names. The kits must cut out the ions before class. When you look at the slideshow, note I made a point to identify Cu +1, Cu +2, Fe +2, and Fe +3, as well as acetate. Kids tend to stumble on these ions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...





No comments:
Post a Comment