Sunday, October 25, 2020

Apologia Chemistry: Module 7 Flame Tests

Update: Here is a new scenario for Flame Tests labs.  Personally, I find scenarios gimmicky.  Kids usually like to burn things in lab.  

I’m still prepping waaaay ahead for Chemistry Co-op.  Let me share the resources I’ll use for Module 7.  I always do Flame Tests with the kids.  This year, the kids are working remotely.  So, I sent home Colorful Flame Candles in the Chem Kits.  Home Training Tools has this Safer Flame Kit.  Walmart has Colorful Flame Candles in the Party section of the store.  Beyond Benign has a great lab for the Colorful Flame candles with Emission Spectra.  Here is a Mystery Story, posted to Facebook.  Here is the slideshow for class—still a work in progress.  Take a look!



No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...